Sunday, September 19, 2010

HELPING SENIORS WITH THEIR BILLS

THE WORK OF A DAILY MONEY MANAGER

by Gary A. Lewis, CFP, CASL

Have you ever heard of a DAILY MONEY MANAGER? I hadn't until I took coursework for the Certified Adviser for Senior Living (CASL) financial designation. But the more I looked into it, the more I realized how important such a service is, especially for seniors who are having problems with their vision, arthritis, diminishing mental strength or unwillingness to pour over the countless disclosures and disclaimers received each month.

The DAILY MONEY MANAGER can do a number of things for you but the most important ones are sorting through your mail, writing out the checks for your signature, balancing your checkbook and other accounts, and making sure that your bills get paid on time.

While I had spent many years as a financial planner, helping rich people get richer, I had often felt unfulfilled. Unless I was actively helping money go to charity for estate planning purposes, there was no real social value of what I was doing. Daily Money Management for seniors is different. I get to visit my clients once or twice a month. There is usually some time left after bill paying to talk with them. Well, I prefer to listen to them.

I serve the West Suburban Chicago area and would love to spend a little time with you to visit, learn about you, and discover if there is some way I can help you with your day to day finances.

If you wish to learn more, please contact me at gary@assetdesigncenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment